It’s a new year which means it’s time for New Year’s Resolutions! Hunter and I came up with a list of things (I bet you can guess which ones are mine) we want to accomplish this year. We’ve got some big goals, so I can’t wait to jump right in and get started!
1. Finish best dog hikes in Cleveland list: I discovered this list a while back and we’ve done a few of these hikes. Our goal this year is to finish this list, plus visit as many of the Metroparks as we can to compile the complete list of dog friendly trails in CLE. If you have any recommendations outside of this list, let me know!
2. Get Hunter’s leash walking in control: If you’ve ever seen Hunter and I out, you’ve likely seen me being pulled by a very excited dog. This guy’s excitement when he gets in new settings with people and dogs can be hard to control. Since I do like to take him places, I would really like to get him to walk more calmly. We have a trainer coming this week, so I will keep you posted on our progress!
3. Learn five new tricks: With the help of Robin at Fortunate Fido and her Trick of the Month column (stay tuned later this week for this month’s trick), Hunter and I are going to work on learning at least five new tricks this year. Hunter really loves learning new tricks, so I am excited to teach him some new ones.
4. Perfect a homemade dog treat recipe: I’ve dabbled with ice cream, but I haven’t perfected a homemade treat recipe. I’ve pinned a bunch of good treat recipes on Pinterest, so I am going to work on perfecting a recipe for Hunter and Roscoe this year.
5. Visit more dog parks: Hunter and I rarely make it to our local dog park anymore, but I have been wanting to check out other dog parks in the area to see what else is out there for a while. This year we’ve made it our goal to get out and try other dog parks. We are especially anxious to check out the new downtown one. I’ll keep you posted on our discoveries!
What are your dog’s New Year’s Resolutions?